- Account Information. If you elect to become a registered user of the Sites, we may collect your first and last name, your e-mail address, a password, your state or province/territory of residence, your zip code or postal code through your cable TV or other content provider. We may also collect your date of birth, your gender, phone number and/or photograph (if provided).
- Other Registration or Contact Information. We may collect your first and last name, date of birth, mobile phone number and e-mail address under several circumstances. For example, we may collect your information if you (a) choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes offered on the Sites, or offered via another means, such as through Twitter or a mobile device; (b) interact with certain features and functions of the Music Choice services that allow you to submit information, feedback, post content, etc. by e-mail, text message, instant message or other similar technology; (c) vote in a poll or send a shout out from your mobile phone or send us your picture or video for broadcast by e-mail or via social media; (d) submit your e-mail address or telephone number when you contact us with a question or sign up to receive a newsletter or other updates regarding our content, its availability, or other products or services offered by us or our business partners; (e) provide your mobile phone number (in accordance with the terms herein) when you interact with the Music Choice services so that we may ask you for information, including without limitation, information about your music preferences or other information to personalize your participation; or (f) upload your name, image or other Personal Information when posting any content on the Sites, such as video files, or other communications made via chat rooms or social media. We may retain your contact information, communications and other information and content you submit to us for our internal purposes and to help us serve you better.
- Payment and Financial Information. We may collect your first and last name, your address, and your credit card and billing information if you make a purchase of a product or service from Music Choice.
- Location Information. We may also collect your location if you choose to allow us to track your location through our Sites or Services or if your device indicates a certain geographic location. This information may help us provide recommendations based on your location, serve you with advertisements or direct you to a product or service that we believe may be of interest to you and that is marketed to people near your location.
- Social Media. We may offer you the opportunity to engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. When you engage with our content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g., name, username, email address, profile picture, gender) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application. When you provide information from your social media account, we may use this information to personalize your experience on the Website and on the third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, and to provide you with other products or services you may request.
The above list provides an example of the Personal Information that may be collected on the Sites. While you’re under no obligation to provide the information requested, if you decline to do so, Music Choice may be unable to provide you with certain services.
- Active Collection
We collect and store the Personal Information that you have provided to us. For instance, if you sign up for a membership or contact us with a question, we may store your communications, including any Personal Information you include in them, so we can effectively respond to you. If you do not want us to collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
- Passive Collection
We may also collect information passively while you are visiting or interacting with the Sites. We call this “passive” collection because you may not know that this information is being collected. Here are some examples of the information that is collected via the Sites and a description of how this information is used:
- Device Information. We may collect an identification number unique to your device when you interact with the Sites using a mobile device or a set-top digital box. This could include features you use, the web pages and channels you visit, and the search terms you enter. This could also include data about your device and the network you use to connect to our services, including IP address, device identifiers, and data about the performance of the services you use on the Sites and any problems you experience with them. You understand and agree that you will be charged standard data rates by your wireless carrier for all interactions with the Sites using a mobile device. We use this information to help us understand the activity on our Sites, to monitor and improve our Sites, and to provide you with personalized services.
- Mixpanel. Music Choice Sites may feature Mixpanel software which collects data through your web browsers while on Music Choice’s websites and mobile applications. You can opt-out of Mixpanel’s automatic retention of data collected through such web browsers by visiting https://mixpanel.com/optout. To track opt-outs, Mixpanel uses a persistent opt-out cookie placed on your devices. Mixpanel opt-out cookies will not stop Music Choice from sending other data about you from Music Choice’s servers to Mixpanel, nor will it prevent any other data collection methods. If you get a new computer, install a new browser, erase or otherwise alter your browser’s cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers) you may also clear the Mixpanel opt-out cookie.
- Branch.io. Music Choice sites may feature Branch software which collects data through the use of pixels and URLs which are placed on Music Choice’s websites and mobile applications, as well as, Branch’s Software Development Kit which includes code that allows Music Choice to use the Branch Services. You can opt-out of Branch’s browser cookie tracking by visiting https://app.link/optout.
You can opt-out of Branch’s integration with the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1. You can submit a request to opt-out of the Branch Services on a particular device by visiting https://gdpr.branch.io/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000425152&_branch_match_id=641352965249080459. To track opt-outs, Branch uses a persistent opt-out cookie placed on your devices. Cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted-out. Branch opt-out cookies will not stop Music Choice from sending other data about you from Music Choice’s servers to Branch, nor will it prevent any other data collection methods. If you get a new computer, install a new browser, erase or otherwise alter your browser’s cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers) you may also clear the Branch opt-out cookie.
- Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data – such as the webpages you view. We use this information to deliver our webpages to you upon request, to tailor our Sites to the interests of our users and to measure traffic within our Sites.
- Web Beacons (also known as “clear gifs,” “web bugs” or “pixel tags”). “Web Beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when an e-mail has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
The above list provides examples of the information that is collected via the Sites. We may collect the above information from all visitors to, and users of, our Sites. If you do not want Music Choice to have access to this information, please do not visit or use our Sites.
- Personal Information
We use your personal information that is collected on the Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- To deliver services, such as music requests, programs, information, newsletters or software you request or purchase;
- To contact you regarding the administration of your account or any features or functions you have registered to use;
- To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- To verify your e-mail address, mobile phone number, or device;
- To connect your account to external, third party applications, with your consent such as, but without limitation, Facebook or Twitter;
- To identify you when you post comments or other information to the Sites;
- To enable you to participate in various interactive features or functions at your request;
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- To answer your questions or other requests;
- To send you marketing or promotional messages or otherwise alert you to any special offers or events via email or text message. You can opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in your message. For more information please see the “Opt-Out” section below;
- To contact you regarding your use of the Sites or Music Choice services;
- To tailor your experience on the Sites and/or otherwise customizing what you see on the Sites or the Music Choice services;
- To save your user ID or other personal information so that you don’t need to re-enter it every time you visit the Sites;
- To otherwise administer the Sites or your interaction with the Music Choice service; and
- For any other purpose disclosed at the time you provide your personal information.
Music Choice and its authorized affiliates may also use usage data and other information we collect to (i) create marketing analyses and reports showing how Music Choice users, as collective groups, interact with our services, (ii) develop reports that help us and other strategic third parties determine what interests Music Choice users, as a group, or (iii) generally improve our product and service offerings. Such reports will not contain any Personal Information about you.
- Personal Information
We may share or disclose your Personal Information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you choose to watch a video on the Sites, we may share your personal information in order to provide the program to you. In addition, if you contact us with a question, we may use your e-mail address or mobile phone number to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personal information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfillment purposes with mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor and/or promotional partners of that promotion.
- With your consent, where required by law, to affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your Personal Information for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your Personal Information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, processing your requests, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on Music Choice’s behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions and we seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personal information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Your Personal Information may be maintained and processed by third party service providers in the US or other jurisdictions. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Sites will have access to users’ personal information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personal information to us.
- To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on the Sites, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other Personal Information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process or a search warrant served on us, to detect, suppress or prevent fraud, to protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of Music Choice and the Sites or to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
- To an organization in the case of a breach of an agreement of contravention of law, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
- In connection with a proposed or completed acquisition, merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Music Choice or as part of any corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
- To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from the Sites. In the course of such verification, we may receive Personal Information about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
- Collecting and Using Children’s Information
- When a parent/guardian sets up an account or profile for a child.
Before an account or profile can be set up for a child on the Sites, a parent or guardian profile must first be created. When the parent/guardian then sets up a child profile, Music Choice collects the child’s birthdate to identify the profile as a child’s, and the child’s user name selected by the parent/guardian. Music Choice strongly encourages creation of a user name that excludes any Personal Information.
- When we collect Persistent Identifiers.
- provide children with access to features and activities on our sites and applications
- customize content and improve our sites and applications
- conduct research and analysis to address the performance of our sites and applications
- generate anonymous reporting for use by Music Choice
- Additional Disclosure.
- We may share information with our service providers if necessary for them to perform a business, professional, or technology support function for us.
- We may disclose personal information if permitted or required by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may disclose personal information collected from children (A) in response to a law enforcement or public agency’s (including schools or children services) request; (B) if we believe disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime, facilitate an investigation related to public safety or protect the safety of a child using our sites or applications; (C) to protect the security or integrity of our sites, applications, and other technology, as well as the technology of our service providers; or (D) enable us to take precautions against liability.
- Revocation of Parental Consent.
At any time, parents/guardians can refuse to permit us to collect further Personal Information from their children, and can request that we delete from our records the Personal Information we have collected in connection with that child’s account or profile. Please keep in mind that a request to delete records may lead to a termination of an account/profile, membership, or other service.
We use the following method to allow parents/guardians to access or change a child’s Personal Information, or revoke consent for us to collect further Personal Information from their children:
- Here are the steps to take on the mobile application:
- Sign-in to the Parent/Guardian profile with which the child (KIDS) profile is associated
- Click on the “Profile” icon
in the upper right corner of the mobile application
- Select “KIDS Profiles”
- Select “Update Profile”
- Select “Delete Profile”
- Here are the steps to take on television:
- The Parent/Guardian profile that the KIDS profile is associated with must be selected and active
- Select the KIDS profile you wish to delete
- Arrow down with your remote and select the “Trash” icon
- Enter the PIN for the Parent/Guardian profile
- Confirm that you wish to delete the selected KIDS profile by choosing “Yes, Delete Profile”
We use the following method to allow parents/guardians to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from their children in connection with that child’s account or profile: Send an email to us at [email protected] Please reference “Policy/Children” in the Subject line of your email. A valid request to delete Personal Information will be accommodated within a reasonable time.
Any other inquiries may be directed to:
650 Dresher Road
Horsham, PA 19044
United States of America
Attn: Legal Department
Phone: (215) 784-5894
Email: [email protected]
In any correspondence such as e-mail or mail, please include the child’s username and the parent’s or guardian’s email address and telephone number. To protect children’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify a parent’s or guardian’s identity before granting access to any personal information.
Music Choice has implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of Personal Information in our custody and control. Music Choice operates reasonably secure data networks utilizing firewalls, encryption and password protection systems. Only authorized individuals have access to the personal information provided by you. Despite these practices, no communication network can be 100% secure. Your communications with us will travel through third party networks and systems and Music Choice assumes no responsibility for the security of such networks or systems.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Sites or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Sites. We may post a notice on our Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an e-mail to you at the e-mail address you have provided to us in these circumstances or a text message at the mobile phone number provided. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum, social media site or other public posting area, including without limitation Facebook.com and Twitter.com, is available to anyone with Internet access and may be published or reproduced in other media. Under no circumstances will Music Choice be liable for displaying, broadcasting, or reproducing content that you have publicly posted through our Sites or another site. If you don’t want people to know your e-mail address, user name or handle for example, don’t include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, SOCIAL MEDIA SITES AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
Please note that our Sites do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and do not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your information.
We may use advertisers, third party ad networks, and other advertising companies, to serve advertisements on the Sites and other websites (including social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter) for the purposes of measuring the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you, both on and off our Sites. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather information about your visit to the Sites or other sites (such as through cookies, web beacons and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which webpages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
Effective Date: July 22, 2013
Last Updated: October 1, 2019